TRAFFIC SAFETY '74. VOLUME II
The 1974 administration of the National Traffic and Motor Safety Act of 1966 as amended in response to the reporting requirements in Section 102 is described. The publication which covers the annual report required by Section 112, Title I of the Motor Vehicle Information and Cost Savings Act of 1972, focuses on progress made during 1974 in carrying out the purposes of the two Acts, and the effect this has had on traffic accidents, injuries and deaths. The programs and research developed to promote the safety of the motoring public are reviewed and the persistent problems that stand in the way of more rapid achievement are discussed. Lowered speed limits, reduced driving, and altered driving habits have all combined to reduce the total number of fatalities in 1974. Appendices are included which provide information on litigation resulting from administration of the Acts, statistical records of accidents and injuries, the degree of observance of the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, research grants, contracts and research activities, enforcement actions, and the dissemination of technical information.
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 171 p.
- TRT Terms: Costs; Driving; Fatalities; Information management; Information organization; Injuries; Laws; Litigation; Pavements; Reports; Research; Savings; Speed limits; Standards; Statistics; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Reporting
- Old TRIS Terms: Highway pavement
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Finance; Highways; Law; Pavements; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00128816
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-801-700
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM