DEVELOPMENT OF A DIRECT-INJECTION DIESEL ENGINE WITH AN ELSBETT-DUOTHERM COMBUSTION SYSTEM: ECONOMICALLY EFFICIENT CAR PROPULSION IN CONSIDERATION OF FUTURE RIGID EMISSION STANDARDS
Under contract TV 8436 B 8 from the Bundesminister fuer Forschung und Technologie, and based on a 1.45 liter three-cylinder d.i. diesel engine with duothermic combustion system, the company Elsbett-Konstruktion in D-8543 Hilpoltstein carried out a development to combine optimized fuel economy with engine comfort characteristics as necessary for passenger car installation, under consideration of keeping the stringent exhaust emission standards. The conceptual details of the Elsbett technology first were analyzed and then further evaluated in comparison to other concepts by the Universitaet-Gesamthochschule Siegen. The targets of the contract have been met. In this way a practicable engine concept for passenger cars is introduced, with engine components ready for production.
- U.S. sales only.
Elsbett (L) KonstruktionHilpoltstein, Germany
- Elsbett, L
- Elsbett, G
- Elsbett, K
- Publication Date: 1987-11
- Pagination: 38 p.
- TRT Terms: Air quality management; Combustion; Diesel engines; Fuel conservation; Fuel injection; Passenger cars; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Direct injection; Direct injection engines; Passenger car design
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00494864
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ETDE-mf-9911097
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 30 1990 12:00AM