HAND CALCULATION METHOD FOR PRELIMINARY SHIELD DESIGN
The hand calculation method provides a means of estimating secondary shielding requirements during preliminary ship design stages. It was developed to compute dose rates from the primary loop of water moderated and cooled reactors of the pressurized or boiling water types. This report provides background information on the fundamentals and terminology of shield design, describes the principles of the hand calculation method and contains instructions, from and data for the application.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number S-5-H.
Sharp (George G) Incorporated100 Church Street
New York, NY United States 10007
- Publication Date: 1961-6
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 55 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Mathematical methods; Nuclear reactors; Radiation shielding; Water cooled reactors
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor design; Nuclear reactors (Water cooled)
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026404
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: MA-1806
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM