USE OF HELMETS BY MOPED-RIDERS
HET DRAGEN VAN HELMEN DOOR BROMFIETSERS
A study was made into the possibilities for improving the use, the fit and the condition of the crash helmet for moped riders. An earlier report showed that 31% of all moped riders closed the string around the chin correctly. The other moped riders did not close the string at all or either did not draw the string tight enough or used the fitting incorrectly; 20% of the moped riders used a helmet which was too big. The condition of the helmet was also not always good. More stringent specifications in the design of the helmet, publicity campaigns to encourage sale of the right helmet, product information for future helmet users, education for adolescents, and integration of moped riders in driver training are recommended.
- Text in Dutch; summary in English. North American Continent sales only.
The Hague, Netherlands 2594 AW
- Mathijssen, MPM
- Publication Date: 1987
- Pagination: 46 p.
- TRT Terms: Age; Driver training; Drivers; Helmets; Moped drivers; Mopeds; Safety education; Safety factors
- Uncontrolled Terms: Driver age
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00494681
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: R-87-18
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 30 1990 12:00AM