PROMOTING THE USE OF SAFETYBELTS IN THE NETHERLANDS
BEVORDEREN VAN HET GEBRUIK VAN AUTOGORDELS IN NEDERLAND
Recently the 4-year plan for traffic safety 1987-1991 'more kilometers less accidents' (Ministry of Transport and Public Works 1986) was adopted by the Dutch Parliament. In the plan new ways are indicated to remind civilians and authorities to improve road safety, one of which is the introduction of an incentive program for local authorities, similar to the '010%-program' in France. The program fits in the policy of the coordinating minister for road safety. Another main stream program is the choice of a limited number of favorable points of action, such as the improvement in the use of safety belts. In the paper the use of safety belts in the Netherlands is described and the possibilities to simulate their use are discussed. Research on the effect upon safety belt use of combined information and enforcement actions on a regional scale in the Netherlands are reported.
- Text in Dutch; summary in English. North American Continent sales only.
The Hague, Netherlands 2594 AW
- WEGMAN, FCM
- MULDER, JAG
- GUNDY, C M
- Publication Date: 1987
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Behavior; Drivers; Highway safety; Incentives; Manual safety belts; Promotion
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00494680
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: R-87-17
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 30 1990 12:00AM