URBAN LAYOUT, TRAFFIC INFRASTRUCTURE AND TRAFFIC SAFETY: AN INTEGRAL STUDY INTO THE CORRELATION BETWEEN PHYSICAL PLANNING, TRAFFIC AND TRAFFIC SAFETY
STEDELIJKE VORMGEVING, VERKEERINSINFRASTUCTUUR EN VERKEERSONVEILIGHEID: EEN INTEGRALE STUDIE NAAR DE SAMENHANG TUSSEN DE RUIMTELIJKE ORDENING, HET VERKEER EN DE VEILIGHEID ERVAN
The research integrated the knowledge on traffic safety in urban areas to get an overview and to show in which areas further research is needed. Described are the traffic and transport systems. This provides a background against which problems of safety in urban areas can be discussed. A general description of this lack of safety is also presented. The lack of safety in specific types of urban areas is discussed. The whole scale of solutions mentioned in the literature for these problems is presented. Conclusions and recommendations for further research are provided.
- Text in Dutch, summary in English. Available outside the North American Continent from Institute for Road Safety Research SWOV, P.O.Box 170, 2260 AD Leidschendam, The Netherlands.
The Hague, Netherlands 2594 AW
- Dijkstra, A
- Publication Date: 1988
- Pagination: 214 p.
- TRT Terms: City planning; Freeways; Infrastructure; Research projects; Systems analysis; Traffic safety; Transportation; Transportation planning; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Transportation system analysis; Urban freeways
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00494650
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: R-88-35
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 30 1990 12:00AM