USE OF REFLECTIVE MATERIALS IN ROAD TRAFFIC
GEBRUIK VAN RETROREFLECTERENDE MATERIALEN IN HET WEGVERKEER
It is shown that retroreflectorized materials are excellent for increasing the visibility of obstacles and that they can increase traffic safety. There is a great variety of reflectorized material available, and a reasonable selection can be made for any application. There are, however, gaps in information about reflectorized materials. Study is needed: to make functional specifications for the reflectorized materials for the different applications; to classify retroreflective materials in order to see if there are suitable materials for all applications; to develop materi als for application in areas for which no materials are available at the moment; and to make internationally accepted specifications for the light reflecting characteristics of retroreflectors and reflectorized materials.
- Text in Dutch, summary in English. Available outside the North American Continent from Institute for Road Safety Research SWOV, P.O.Box 170, 2260 AD Leidschendam, The Netherlands.
The Hague, Netherlands 2594 AW
- SCHREUDER, D A
- Publication Date: 1988
- Pagination: 49 p.
- TRT Terms: Classification; Hazards; Obstructions (Navigation); Reflective signs; Reflectorized materials; Reflectorized paint; Retroreflectors; Specifications; Visibility
- Old TRIS Terms: Reflector markers; Reflectorization
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00494645
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: R-88-29
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 30 1990 12:00AM