TRANSPORTATION OF IRRADIATED FUEL FROM NS SAVANNAH REACTOR: APPENDIX F TO SAFEGUARDS REPORT
Additional information related to Safeguards Report ST-S1 entitled "Transportation of Irradiated Fuel from N.S. Savannah Reactor" is given. This appendix contains comments on fission products and shielding; preload, loading and unloading procedures; procedure for removing a ruptured fuel assembly prior to shipment; and procedure as a result of an accident during transportation.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number ST-S1-App F.
Stanray Corporation200 South Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL United States
- Publication Date: 1961-8-18
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Refueling; Safety; Spent reactor fuels
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor safety
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026402
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: ST-S1
- Contract Numbers: MA-2239
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM