TRANSPORT AIRPLANE CRASH SIMULATION, VALIDATION AND APPLICATION TO CRASH DESIGN CRITERIA. IN: CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS OF ENERGY ABSORPTION OF AIRCRAFT STRUCTURES AS AN ASPECT OF CRASHWORTHINESS (66TH), HELD IN LUXEMBOURG ON MAY 1-6 1988
This paper presents a brief desscription of the evolutionary development of program KRASH to its most recent release, KRASH85, and provides some background to delineate various program features as well as to illustrate the range of aircraft configurations and impact conditions for which the program has been validated. The results of the transport airplane correlation effort is used in a subsequent parametric study to formulate a crash design velocity envelope. Tthe flow diagram provided describes the sequence of this effort and the manner in which analytical and experimental data are integrated. Parametric analyses section test and full-scale crash test results are utilized and presented in the form of acceleration time histories at the cabin floor. The dynamic pulse parameters, namely velocity change, duration of excitat ion and peak acceleration amplitude, are related to potential seat dynamic test requirements. The transport crash design envelope, along with additional available data, is used to assess the effect of airplane size on floor acceleration pulses in a survivable crash environment.
- Author affiliation: Lockheed Aeri onautical Systems Co., Burbank CA. Paper also available in AD-A212 606. p16-1 thru 16-23.
Advisory Group for Aeronautical Res & Dev - NATO7 Rue Ancelle
92 Neuilly-sur-Seine, France
- WITTLIN, G
- Caiafa, C
- Publication Date: 1988-12
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Aircraft; Construction; Crash victim simulation; Crashworthiness; Design; Dynamic tests; Flow charts; Parametric equations; Simulation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Aircraft construction; Flow diagrams
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Construction; Design; Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00494317
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1990 12:00AM