METRIC EDUCATION GUIDE FOR EMPLOYEE TRAINING
This trainer guide which is intended as an aid to avoid pitfalls during the transistion from U.S. customary to SI metric measurement, emphasizes the need for management commitment, the need for expertise in SI, the definition of the learner population, determination of training needs, selection of training techniques, the teaching of popular terms, thinking "metric", validation of the training program, and funding of the program. A lesson plan is presented as a guide for teaching an introduction to the metric system. This plan examines the company's outlook on the change to the metric system, compares the U.S. customary system with metric systems, and introduces the seven base units, supplementary units, multiples and submultiples, and the derived units. Common applications of these units are described. A pre/post test and answer sheet are presented. Common problem areas are listed. Some books, pamphlets and periodicals that provide information regarding SI metric are also listed.
American National Metric Council1625 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20036
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Documents; Education; Financing; Guides to information; Measuring instruments; Methodology; Metric system; Training
- Uncontrolled Terms: Publications
- Old TRIS Terms: Guides
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Education and Training; Highways; Research;
- Accession Number: 00128795
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 21 1976 12:00AM