ARCHEOLOGICAL TESTING AND EVALUATION OF THE LEGARE ANCHORAGE SHIPWRECK SITE, BISCAYNE NATIONAL PARK, SUMMER 1983
The report is about a five-week program of testing and evaluation of the Legare Anchorage Shipwreck site (BISC-UW-20) in Biscayne National Park. A section of the report details a recommended interpretive treatment. At a minimum, a major intepretive display should be considered. Continuing site protection presents a major problem. While vandalism is difficult to control, the alternative of excavation and removal of all materials from the site is impractical and highly undesirable from the standpoint of the site's archeological integrity.
National Park ServiceSoutheast Archeological Center, P.O. Box 2416
Tallahassee, FL United States 32304
- SKOWRONEK, R K
- Fischcer, G R
- Publication Date: 1984
- Pagination: 164 p.
- TRT Terms: Archaeology; Crashes; Evaluation; Ships; Testing
- Uncontrolled Terms: Site investigation
- Subject Areas: Highways; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment; I80: Accident Studies;
- Accession Number: 00494064
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 30 1990 12:00AM