CHARACTERISTICS OF EDS (ELECTRO-DYNAMIC SUSPENSION) MAGLEV HAVING LEVITATION COILS ON THE SIDE WALL ON THE GUIDEWAY
EDS maglev system aiming at high speed transport is required to reduce magnetic drag in its levitation system. In the paper the levitation force and the stiffnesses characteristics of a method which arranges ground coil for levitation on the side wall to use the principle of null flux are analyzed and a numerical example is shown. According to the numerical example, maximum levitation force is about four times the rated value, and the drag ratio is higher than the value in the usual feasibility study. The lateral and yawning stiffnesses are positive values. The other stiffnesses are large values.
- Included in Quarterly Reports of Railway Technical Research Institute, v29 n4 pp157-163 Nov 88
Japanese National RailwaysRailway Technical Research Institute Kunitachi, Box 9
- Fujiwara, S
- Publication Date: 1987
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Coils (Electromagnetism); Drag; Drag forces; Magnetic levitation; Stiffness; Yaw
- Uncontrolled Terms: Lateral loads
- Old TRIS Terms: Null indicators
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment; I90: Vehicles;
- Accession Number: 00494057
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 30 1990 12:00AM