EXPERIMENTAL DESIGN AND TESTING OF LOW-NOISE TIRES
EXPERIMENTELLE AUSFUEHRUNG UND ERPROBUNG VON LAERMGEMINDERTEN REIFEN
Within the reported project the influence of constructive and material tire design parameters were studied by means of mathematical-statistical experimental design. For that in a first step 32 tire variants were manufactured and acoustically measured on a drum. Based on the results in the second step (optimization) an 8-variant experiment was carried out. This report summarizes the different designs of the tire variants, the noise measurement and the statistical evaluation of the measured results. Finally two "sum-tires" were presented, including the results from all participants in the project.
Continental Gummi-Werke A.G.Hanover, Germany
- Reese, T
- Zoglowek, D
- Publication Date: 1987-3
- Pagination: 36 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustics; Mathematical analysis; Noise control; Statistical analysis; Tires; Traffic noise
- Uncontrolled Terms: Experimental design; Noise reduction
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00494042
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 30 2003 12:00AM