AUTOMATED PLANNING FOR AERA (AUTOMATED EN-ROUTE ATC (AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL)) 3: MANEUVER OPTION MANAGER
The document describes Maneuver Option Manager (MOM),a methodology to simplify complex air traffic control problems. A complex problem is identified here as a set of interrelated potential conflicts between pairs of aircraft. It may involve arbitrarily many aircraft. MOM determines which of six simple maneuver options is available (free of such potential conflicts) for each aircraft. These options involve limited displacements left/right/ahead/behind/above/below nominal. Mom simplifies a complex problem by protecting (for future use) an availble maneuver option for one or more of the involved aircraft. Routinely, a single such maneuver option resolves several potential conflicts. Iterated protection of maneuver options causes complex problems to be broken into independent, smaller, and simpler problems.
Mitre Corporation1820 Dolley Madison Boulevard
McLean, VA United States 22102
- NIEDRINGHAUS, W P
- Publication Date: 1989-4
- Pagination: 45 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control; Aircraft; Alternatives analysis; Dislocation (Geology); Maneuvering; Methodology
- Old TRIS Terms: Option
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Vehicles and Equipment; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00494021
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MTR-88W00048, DOT/FAA/DS-89/21
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 30 1990 12:00AM