DEVELOPMENT OF URETHANE ROADWHEEL TIRES WITH EMPHASIS ON METHOD OF BONDING (FIRST SIX SAMPLES)
This project is a test of M113 roadwheels made with urethane tires. Various methods of bonding solid urethane tires to roadwheels for tracked vehicles were evaluated. Mechanical bonding through expanded metal welded to wheel rim looks promising and will be further evaluated through additional drum tests with urethane of different durometer hardness. 5298
Army Tank-Automotive CommandWarren, MI USA 48090
- Cameron, J W
- Publication Date: 1975-7
- Pagination: 22 p.
- TRT Terms: Aluminum; Bonding; Durability; Fabrication; Fibers; Polyester resins; Polyurethane resins; Tires; Tracked vehicles; Urethane; Welding
- Uncontrolled Terms: Polyester fibers
- Old TRIS Terms: Roadwheels
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00093855
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TACOM-TR-12092 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 4 1976 12:00AM