MODEL INVESTIGATIONS ON THE PROPAGATION OF STRUCTURE-BORNE-SOUND IN THE AREA OF SUBWAY TUNNELS
MODELLUNTERSUCHUNGEN ZUR AUSBREITUNG VON KOERPERSCHALL IN DER UMBEGUNG VON U-BAHNTUNNELN
The prediction and the control of structure-borne vibrations in subway railway systems are well known problems. The reported investigations were concerned with possibilities of using simple and practical model set-ups to give answers to these problems. The scale factor was 1:10. The results show that model experiments together with theoretical approximations can be acceptable tools for the determination of the mean structure-borne sound behavior of both subway tunnel itself and for the areas nerby the tunnel. In the cases where a receiver is relatively far away from the tunnel the model leads only to qualitative results, because of the increasing of inhomogeneities and frequency dependencies. Also the model setups are predictable only for simple structures of soil.
- In German, abstract only in English.
Technical University of BerlinStrasse des 17, Juni 135
Berlin, Germany 10623
- HECKL, M
- Feldman, J
- Wand, M
- Albrecht, A
- Publication Date: 1987
- Pagination: 63 p.
- TRT Terms: Mathematical models; Sound; Subways; Tunnel shafts; Tunnels; Vibration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Models
- Old TRIS Terms: Vibration levels
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Design; Public Transportation; I25: Design of Tunnels;
- Accession Number: 00493987
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 30 1990 12:00AM