ADHERENCE OF ROADWAYS AND ANTI-SKID QUALITIES OF TIRES
A new stradograph was designed so that the sliding rate of wheels can be varied between 0 and 100%. A detailed description is given: vertical suspension and loading, recording, measurement units, determination of the transverse force and longitudinal force, sprinkling device, measurement wheel. Then a description is given of the operations carried out during a test, depending on the type of friction one wishes to investigate. This apparatus can measure a large number of useful parameters, both for tire construction engineers and for roadway builders.
- Edited trans. of Revue Generale des Matieres Plastiques (France) v49 n10 p895-899 1972.
Wright-Patterson Air Force BaseForeign Technology Division
Dayton, OH United States
- Tcheng, Y
- Mascherczyk, R
- Publication Date: 1975-4-24
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Braking; Equipment tests; Flow; Friction; Loads; Pavement grooving; Pavements; Roughness; Rubber; Skid resistance tests; Skidding; Sliding friction; Streamflow; Test procedures; Texture; Tires; Translations; Variables; Water
- Uncontrolled Terms: Sliding; Vertical loads
- Geographic Terms: France
- Old TRIS Terms: Test equipment; Variations
- Subject Areas: Highways; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Pavements; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00093854
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FTD-HC-23-1137-75
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 4 1976 12:00AM