NS SAVANNAH OPERATION (THE DEVELOPMENTAL PERIOD); SAFEGUARDS REPORT TO THE AEC REGULATORY GROUP
This report describes the planned operation of the N.S. Savannah by State Marine Lines, Inc., subsequent to delivery of the vessel. The operating organization is discussed and includes details on the duties and responsibilities of the personnel involved. Other governmental and non-governmental participants are identified and their functions are described. The various activities and the governing procedures which will be conducted during the post delivery operations period are provided. Since Todd Shipyards Corporation is responsible for performing nuclear maintenance and servicing work, and the ultimate control of the ship, its reactor and related system rests with State Marine Lines, a section of this report delineates the division of responsibility between Todd and State Marine during maintenance and servicing work.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number T-6-NSO.
States Marine Lines, Incorporated,
- Publication Date: 1961-12
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References;
- Pagination: 70 p.
- TRT Terms: Management; Nuclear powered ships; Planning; Ship operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Management planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00026398
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM