DRINKING DRIVERS. JANUARY 1979-FEBRUARY 1989. CITATIONS FROM THE NTIS DATABASE.
This bibliography contains citations concerning the effects of alcohol ingestion on motor vehicle usage behavior, and programs designated to curb alcohol abuse on the highways. Topics include effects of legal drinking age specification on traffic accident occurrence, testing techniques and their legality including visual and chemical methods, deterrence strategies, public awareness programs, and rehabililtation efforts. Considerable attention is given to descriptions and effectiveness of the Alcohol Safety Project (ASAP) undertaken by a number of cities in the U.S. Some consideration is given to the combined effects of drugs and alcohol on driver behavior. Contains 361 citations, 26 of which are new entries to the previous edition.
Alexandria, VA United States 22312
- Publication Date: 1989
- Pagination: 200 p.
- TRT Terms: Alcoholic beverages; Behavior; Bibliographies; Drivers; Drugs; Drunk drivers; Drunk driving; Legal drinking age; Safety; Testing; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Deterrence
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00493870
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 30 1990 12:00AM