TRANSPORTATION 2020: IDEAS FOR THE 21ST CENTURY...FLORIDA'S FUTURE DEPENDS ON IT
This report is a summary of the recommendations that the Florida Department of Transportation would like Congress to consider as it approaches the making of the next surface transportation bill. Its primary recommendations are that: (1) the current formulas which disperse transportation funds to the states be revised to more accurately and equitably reflect today's needs; (2) the overall federal transportation partnership be restructured and changes to the existing program be made to more efficiently use whatever level of federal funding is available; and (3) the balance in the Highway Trust Fund be reduced by making increases in the levels of federal transportation funding over a period of years. Included in the discussion is information on Florida's transportation challenges, the Interstate Highway System, the federal transportation role for tomorrow, the basic transit program, accountability, funding levels, allocation formulas, the System of National Significance (SONS) funding, and FLEX funding.
Tallahassee, FL United States 32301
- Publication Date: 1990-2
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Public transit; Recommendations; Transportation policy
- Identifier Terms: Highway Trust Fund; Interstate Highway System; Transportation 2020
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fund allocations
- Geographic Terms: Florida; United States
- Old TRIS Terms: National transportation policies
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Public Transportation; Research; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00493695
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Apr 30 1990 12:00AM