MEETING THE CHALLENGE OF EDI: A PERSPECTIVE ON THE BROADER ISSUES FACING CARRIERS, SHIPPERS, AND SUPPLIERS. PROCEEDINGS OF A TRANSPORTATION RESEARCH FORUM CONFERENCE, BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS, JUNE 22-23, 1989
This conference was sponsored by the Personal Computer Users Chapter, the New England Chapter, and the National Council of the Transportation Research Forum (TRF) with support from the United Parcel Service (UPS) Foundation and the Center for Transportation, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). Fifteen speakers presented their thoughts and summarized their experiences with Electronic Data Interchange (EDI). The first part of this volume summarizes their presentations and the discussions that they stimulated. The topic of EDI was also addressed during the TRF Annual Meeting, which was held in Williamsburg, Virginia. The Personal Computer Users Chapter arranged a TRF Forum Session on "Transportation Mode Approaches to EDI." The second part of this volume summarizes the presentations and discussions of this panel.
Transportation Research Forum1600 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 905
Arlington, VA United States 22209
- Publication Date: 1989
- Pagination: 80 p.
- TRT Terms: Airlines; Carriers; Conferences; Electronic data interchange; Motor carriers; Railroads; Suppliers; Traffic managers; Water transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Shippers
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Highways; Marine Transportation; Motor Carriers; Railroads; Society; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00493677
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 30 1990 12:00AM