ENERGY, LAND USE, AND GROWTH POLICY: IMPLICATIONS FOR METROPOLITAN WASHINGTON. SECOND EDITION
Plans for a workshop to be held to obtain recommendations for the National Science Foundation on specific industrial productivity problems are outlined. Discussion and question and answer sessions will be aimed at formulating research projects or objectives that would aid productivity. For the workshop purpose, a definition of industrial productivity includes all actions contributing to industry-wide efficiency, total product cost, and production volume. Six industries, automotive, electrical machinery, machine tool, household appliances, food processing, and iron and steel, were selected for study. A list of problem areas and questions, researchable problem guidelines, and a list of questions for the industry participants are included. Detailed statements of suggested productivity problems submitted by a panel of academic and research experts selected to respond to industry representatives' statements are included in the appendix.
Real Estate Research Corporation72 West Adams Street
Chicago, IL United States 60603
Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments1225 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
Department of Housing and Urban Development451 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20410
- Roberts, J S
- Publication Date: 1975-8
- Pagination: 118 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobile industry; Cost effectiveness; Electrical equipment; Energy; Food industry; Industries; Iron and steel industry; Land use; Machine tools; Management; Meetings; Motor vehicle industry; Planning; Problem solving; Productivity; Recommendations; Workshops
- Uncontrolled Terms: Food processing; Household appliances
- Old TRIS Terms: Electrical industry; Machine tool industry; Management planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Energy; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Research; Society; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00093824
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: HUD-CPA-DC-1011
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 4 1976 12:00AM