ENERGY USE IN THE CONTRACT CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY
This report is an analysis of energy use in the contract construction industry compiled to determine the amount of energy used and the potential impact that national energy shortages would have on the industry. Analysis includes building construction, heavy construction, and special trades. The overview is composed of a discussion of the industry structure, energy use, intraindustry variations, energy supply, and substitutability and conservation of fuels. Contractors in the following industries are analyzed: Single-family housing; residential building; industrial building; nonresidential construction; highway and street; bridge, tunnel, and elevated-highway; waterworks, sewer, pipeline, communication line, and power line; heavy construction, swimming pool and fence; and special trades.
- See also Appendix A, PB-245 423 and Appendix B, PB-245 424.
Tetra Tech, Incorporated1911 North Fort Myer Drive
Arlington, VA United States 22209
Architectural PressLinacre House, Jordan Hill
Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom OX2 8DP
- Publication Date: 1975-2-18
- Pagination: 185 p.
- TRT Terms: Air conditioning systems; Asphalt; Bridges; Construction industry; Contractors; Diesel fuels; Dwellings; Electricity; Energy; Energy consumption; Fences; Fuel consumption; Fuels; Gasoline; Highway bridges; Highways; Industrial buildings; Lubricants; Petroleum products; Pipelines; Recreational facilities; Road construction; Sewers; Streets; Supply; Transmission lines; Tunneling; Waterworks
- Old TRIS Terms: Communication cables; Fuel shortage; Swimming pools
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Energy; Highways; Pipelines; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00093818
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TETRAT-A-412-75-011FFinal Rpt., FEA/EI-1664
- Contract Numbers: DI-14-01-0001-1664
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 4 1976 12:00AM