ENERGY USE IN THE CONTRACT CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY. APPENDIX A. STUDY METHODOLOGY
This report contains data describing the activity of the contract construction industry expressed in terms of the dollar value of construction. A prime requirement of the methodology employed was the development of a traceable relationship between the dollar value of construction activity and the type of construction, geographical area of construction, and the energy consumed during construction. The basic methodology used to estimate fuel and energy use for representative construction projects involved the following: postulating representative construction projects of at least three sizes for each division of the industry; identifying energy-consuming equipment required for each project and determining fuel and energy consumption rates for each equipment type; estimating hours of operation for each type of equipment; and estimating fuel and energy use for each project by combining the results of the above two steps. Portions of this document are not fully legible.
- See also Appendix B, PB-245 424 and Final rept., PB-245 422.
Tetra Tech, Incorporated1911 North Fort Myer Drive
Arlington, VA United States 22209
Federal Energy AdministrationOffice of Economic Impact
Washington, DC United States 20461
- Publication Date: 1975-2-18
- Pagination: 179 p.
- TRT Terms: Benefit cost analysis; Bridges; Commercial buildings; Construction; Construction equipment; Construction industry; Costs; Diesel fuels; Dwellings; Electricity; Energy; Energy consumption; Farms; Fuel consumption; Gasoline; Highways; Hospitals; Industrial buildings; Petroleum products; Pipelines; Public utilities; Recreational facilities; Schools; Sewers; Streets; Structures; Tunnels; Waterworks
- Uncontrolled Terms: Construction costs; School buildings
- Old TRIS Terms: Farm building; Swimming pools
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Education and Training; Energy; Finance; Highways; Pipelines; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00093817
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TETRAT-A-412-75-011-APP-A, FEA/EI-1664-A
- Contract Numbers: DI-14-01-0001-1664
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 4 1976 12:00AM