SAFEGUARDS REPORT; SERVICING OF THE NS SAVANNAH
This report details the necessary safeguards in servicing the N.S. Savannah at its proposed home port at Brooklyn Shipyards, New York. The first section of the report describes the site, Todd Shipyards Corporation organization, and summarizes the maximum credible accidents (MCA). Section two through six each discuss a type of servicing: barge operation, waste transfer, drydocking, maintenance, and refueling. Each describes the equipment and process used and then postulates the serious credible accidents. The seventh section, on Health Physics, covers radiation safety as it applies to all types of servicing. The effects of the MCA, arrived at in sections two through six, on the Brooklyn Shipyard and surrounding area are discussed in section eight.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number T-6-SAF.
Todd Shipyards CorporationNuclear Division, PO Box 1600
Galveston, TX United States 77550
- Holtzinger, K
- MCLEOD, R
- Meghrian, J
- Publication Date: 1961
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 313 p.
- TRT Terms: Crashes; Maintenance; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Port operations; Safety; Standards
- Uncontrolled Terms: Safety standards
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor accidents
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00026395
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: MA-2206
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM