"CATEGORIZATION AND RECOGNITION" AND "RED-LIGHT DISCIPLINE"
"ZONERING EN HERKENBAARHEID" EN "ROOD-LICHT DISCIPLINE"
The institute for perception-tno carried out two studies on the categorization and recognition of roads within built-up areas and on "red-light discipline". These studies are reported in IRRD abstracts 811578, 811596 and 816368. In the report presented here these studies are commented upon. Special emphasis is given to the proposed flashing yellow light traffic signal for pedestrians. Thereafter the problem of cyclists and moped riders neglecting the red traffic signal in combination with traffic coming from the right and having priority is emphasized. (TRRL)
The Hague, Netherlands 2594 AW
- LEVELT, PBM
- Publication Date: 1988
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Crimes; Crosswalks; Cyclists; Flashing traffic signals; Mopeds; Pedestrians; Red; Red interval (Traffic signal cycle); Safety; Traffic signals; Waiting time; Yellow
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- Old TRIS Terms: Priority treatment
- ITRD Terms: 1742: Cyclist; 514: Flashing light; 1221: Motorcycle; 8078: Netherlands; 1516: Offence; 1733: Pedestrian; 1659: Pedestrian crossing; 648: Priority (traffic); 539: Red light; 1665: Safety; 565: Traffic signal; 9100: Waiting time; 9092: Yellow
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00493004
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute for Road Safety Research, SWOV
- Report/Paper Numbers: R-88-32
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1990 12:00AM