PAVEMENT MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY, HOW DOES THE UK COMPARE?
The purpose of the mission was to assess the way in which organizations involved in the development and the use of technical equipment and instrumentation in highway pavement management have researched and applied modern technology to advantage; to compare practices and testing devises with those in the United Kingdom; to examine the possibility for potential developments and applications to supplement those already in use in the United Kingdom; and to identify the need for further research. Systems in the USA, Denmark and Sweden were assessed. The technical aspects which were of particular interest were: a) equipment for measuring the condition of carriageways and footways; b) equipment for recording traffic flows, weights, and types of vehicle; C) inspection systems and devices for recording pavement conditions; d) data systems for processing and displaying technical information; e) the use of modelling and expert systems to evaluate pavement treatment options; and F) systems and equipment for monitoring actual technical performance in relation to anticipated results.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0727713469
Thomas Telford LimitedLondon, United Kingdom
London, United Kingdom SW1P 3AA
- Publication Date: 1988
- Pagination: 49 p.
- TRT Terms: Administration; Classification; Data collection; Evaluation and assessment; Highways; Information processing; Maintenance; Pavements; Surveillance; Technology; Traffic counts; Vehicles; Weighing devices
- Geographic Terms: Denmark; Sweden; United Kingdom
- ITRD Terms: 155: Administration; 8513: Classification; 8623: Data acquisition; 8655: Data processing; 8028: Denmark; 9020: Evaluation (assessment); 2755: Highway; 3847: Maintenance; 2955: Pavement; 9101: Surveillance; 8109: Sweden; 3855: Technology; 689: Traffic count; 8119: United Kingdom; 1255: Vehicle; 6195: Weighing apparatus
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Pavements; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00492945
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- ISBN: 0-7277-1346-9
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1990 12:00AM