SUMMARY/CONFERENCE ON EMERGING TECHNIQUES FOR NONDESTRUCTIVE FIELD TESTING
The Conference on Emerging Techniques for Nondestructive Field Testing held Aug. 13-14, 1974, at the Transportation Systems Center in Cambridge, Mass., was jointly organized by the American Society for Nondestructive Testing (ASNT) and the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT). More than 100 persons attended to learn more about the conference theme, 'Opportunities for NDT in Transportation'. A primary purpose of the meeting was to make the NDT community aware of some of the nondestructive testing objectives and problems of DOT, in the expectation that organizations or individuals who had solutions, or potential solutions to such problems would make them available. The meeting itself provided the initial opportunity for this interaction.
- Pub. in Materials Evaluation, v33 n7 p189-191 Jul 75.
National Bureau of StandardsConnecticut Avenue at Van Ness Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20008
- BERGER, H
- Publication Date: 1975-7
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridges; Conferences; Field tests; Inspection; Meetings; Nondestructive tests; Pavements; Pipelines; Railroads; Transportation; Vehicles
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Geotechnology; Materials; Pavements; Transportation (General); Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00093765
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 4 1976 12:00AM