ENERGY BALANCE FOR THE WASHINGTON METROPOLITAN AREA FOR 1973
A framework of accounts used in the metropolitan energy balance is presented for each of the following headings: resource type, fuel type, method of conversion, energy use, and demand sector. A table by fuel type of non-renewable and renewable primary energy resources used in the metropolitan Washington area is presented. Energy use data are presented in three demand sectors: (1) commercial, industrial, and institutional, (2) residential, and (3) transportation. Energy use data are presented by fuel type and demand sector using the following accounts: space heat, water heat, air conditioning, process, ground passenger transportation, ground freight transportation and air transportation. A flow chart is presented showing how a metropolitan energy resources model is integrated into a metropolitan framework model used for forecasting the effects of alternative metropolitan management strategies over a specified planning period.
Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments1225 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
Department of Housing and Urban Development451 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20410
- Graham, P
- Markle, T
- Krouse, V
- Haas, R
- Publication Date: 1975-6
- Pagination: 48 p.
- TRT Terms: Air conditioning systems; Air transportation; Coal; Commercial buildings; Demand; Diesel fuels; Distillates; Dwellings; Electricity; Energy; Energy consumption; Filters; Freight transportation; Fuel consumption; Gasoline; Heating; Industrial buildings; Jet engine fuels; Metropolitan areas; Natural gas; Passenger transportation; Planning; Policy; Regional planning; Residual oils; Transportation; Water heaters; Wood
- Geographic Terms: Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Hot water heating; Space heating
- Subject Areas: Energy; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00093751
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: HUD-CPA-D.C.-1011
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 4 1977 12:00AM