ATTITUDES TOWARD METRORAIL IN THE WASHINGTON AREA
This report includes the major findings of a study carried out in late winter and early spring of 1975 to assess public attitudes in the Washington area toward the Metrorail system in various stages of its construction in different parts of the community. The study used standard survey research techniques in which samples of the population were interviewed about their transportation habits, their priorities for improvements in local transportation, their views about Metrorail and aspects of its operation, their own prediction about the likelihood of their using the system and their opinions about methods of financing Metro's construction. The interviewing was carried out by the field staff of The Washington Survey, the local research facility of BSSR.
- Also pub. as Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, D.C. WMATA-75/26. Prepared in cooperation with Federal City Council, Washington, D.C.
Bureau of Social Science Research, Incorporated1990 M Street, NW, Suite 700
Washington, DC United States 20036
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority600 Fifth Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20001
Federal City Council1155 15th Street, NW, Suite 817
Washington, DC United States 20005
- Publication Date: 1975-6
- Pagination: 85 p.
- TRT Terms: Attitudes; Construction projects; Financing; Forecasting; Interviewing; Metropolitan areas; Passenger transportation; Passengers; Public opinion; Public transit; Railroad transportation; Surveys; Travel; Travel demand; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
- Geographic Terms: Maryland; Virginia; Washington (District of Columbia)
- Subject Areas: Construction; Economics; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; Society;
- Accession Number: 00093750
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: BSSR-717
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 4 1981 12:00AM