SUBSURFACE INVESTIGATION SECTION A006B, ROCKVILLE ROUTE
Results are presented of two slant borings made from the inbound running tunnel mined through the location of Zoological Park Station in Section A006b of Rockville Route of the Washington Metropolitan Area Metro System, north of Rock Creek in northwest Washington, D.C. The purpose of the work was to provide information on the probable extent and orientation of shear zones which were expected to pass through the position of the station entrance excavation on the west side of Zoological Park Station. The report contains geological sections illustrating conditions along the line of these borings, logs of the borings and a discussion of general subsurface conditions.
- Prepared in cooperation with Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, D.C., and De Leuw, Cather and Co., Inc., Washington, D.C.
Mueser, Rutlege, Wentworth and Johnston415 Madison Avenue
New York, NY United States 10314
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority950 l'Enfant Plaza, SW
Washington, DC United States 20006
De Leuw, Cather and Company165 West Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL United States 60601
- Publication Date: 1975-9-30
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Boring; Construction; Excavation and tunneling; Foundations; General surface features of the earth; Geological surveying; Rock mechanics; Routes; Subways; Underground structures
- Non-Preferred Terms: Soil surveying; Subsurface investigations
- Geographic Terms: Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Geologic sections; Subsurface explorations; Subway construction; Subway railways
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Geotechnology; Highways; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00093745
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MRWJ-75-141, Rept No. 2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 4 2003 12:00AM