SUBSURFACE INVESTIGATION SECTION C010B, HUNTINGTON ROUTE
Results are presented of 74 test borings made along the line of the METRO trackage in Section C010b of Huntington Route, generally in the City of Alexandria and crossing the Valley of Cameron Run south of the city to Huntington Station in Rose Hill of the Washington Metropolitan Area Metro System. The report contains a continuous geological section along the line of the trackage, logs of the borings, results of tests performed on samples obtained in the borings and a text summarizing anticipated design and construction problems.
- Prepared in cooperation with Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, D.C., and De Leuw, Cather and Co., Inc., Washington, D.C.
Mueser, Rutlege, Wentworth and Johnston415 Madison Avenue
New York, NY USA 10314
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority600 Fifth Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20001
De Leuw, Cather and Company165 West Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL USA 60601
- Publication Date: 1975-10-10
- Pagination: 73 p.
- TRT Terms: Boring; Construction; Excavation and tunneling; Foundations; General surface features of the earth; Geological events; Geological surveying; Rock mechanics; Routes; Subways; Surveys; Tunneling; Underground structures
- Non-Preferred Terms: Soil surveying; Subsurface investigations
- Identifier Terms: Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
- Geographic Terms: Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Geologic sections; Geological conditions; Subsurface explorations; Subway construction; Subway railways
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Geotechnology; Highways; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00093743
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MRWJ-75-130
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 4 1981 12:00AM