TRAFFIC CONTROL DEVICES HANDBOOK: AN OPERATING GUIDE
The handbook, in its treatment of signs, pavement markings and signals, presents typical values or ranges of values used for implementing traffic control measures, as well as providing examples of contract plan sheets, specifications and work orders. With respect to signs, consideration is given to materials, equipment, installation, maintenance, vandalism, etc. The section on pavement markings includes materials, methods of application and application operations. Traffic signal design, operation, equipment, and maintenance are discussed, as are various types of signal systems.
- Prepared by the National Advisory Committee on Uniform Traffic Control Devices.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1974-12-1
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 190 p.
- TRT Terms: Applications; Beacons; Breakaway supports; Flashing beacons; Highway delineators; Loop detectors; Materials; Pedestrian counts; Poles (Supports); Radar vehicle detectors; Railroad grade crossings; Reversible traffic lanes; Road markings; Sight distance; Spacing; Steel; Striping; Traffic actuated controllers; Traffic density; Traffic signal control systems; Traffic signal preemption; Traffic signal timing; Traffic signs; Vandalism; Vehicle detectors; Warning signs; Wood
- Old TRIS Terms: Delineators (Traffic); Emergency warning devices; Sigop; Traffic marking; Traffic sign materials
- Subject Areas: Highways; Materials; Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00128714
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 21 1976 12:00AM