SIDE IMPACT AGGRESSIVENESS ATTRIBUTES: MDB-TO-CAR SIDE IMPACT TEST OF A 26 DEGREE CRABBED MOVING DEFORMABLE BARRIER TO A 1980 VOLKSWAGEN RABBIT AT 46.2 MPH. FINAL REPORT
This test report documents one of a series of twelve crash tests conducted to evaluate the side impact aggressiveness attributes of various deformable barrier face configurations. The configurations to be used are designated 'Lowered Stiffness', 'Altered Profile and 'Lowered Bumper'. Testing was conducted on a 1980 Volkswagen Rabbit 2-door hatchback at the TRCO Crash Test Facility. The test vehicle was impacted on the left side by a moving deformable barrier designated 'lowered bumper', crabbed to 19 deg, at 46.2 mph. Occupant responses of two side impact dummies and a 3-year-old child dummy were measured. One dummy was located in the driver's designated seating position, one was located in the left rear seating position and the child dummy was seated in a child restraint seat located in the right rear passenger position. The test date was December 4 1984 and the ambient temperature was 30 deg F.
East Liberty, OH United States 43319
- Bell, L
- Publication Date: 1985-1
- Pagination: 169 p.
- TRT Terms: Barriers (Roads); Crash tests; Crashes; Crashworthiness; Dummies; Modulus of deformation; Side crashes; Testing; Vehicle tests; Velocity
- Identifier Terms: Volkswagen automobile
- Uncontrolled Terms: Barriers
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00492234
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS 806 852, 841204
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 31 1990 12:00AM