SUBSURFACE INVESTIGATION, 10TH STREET MALL BRIDGE, SECTION D004, NEW CARROLLTON ROUTE
Results are summarized of seven supplementary test borings made to investigate subsoil conditions at the location of piers of the 10th Street Mall Bridge crossing the Penn Central Railroad tracks adjacent to D Street S.W. in southwest Washington, D. C. The purpose of the exploration was to ascertain the condition of soils immediately overlying the mined tunnels which could have been affected by settlements occurring during the mining operation. The report contains geological sections along the lines of the bridge piers, logs of the test borings, results of laboratory tests performed on samples obtained and a brief text describing results of the investigation.
- Sponsored by Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, D.C., and De Leuw, Cather and Co., Inc., Washington, D.C.
Mueser, Rutlege, Wentworth and Johnston415 Madison Avenue
New York, NY USA 10314
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority600 Fifth Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20001
De Leuw, Cather and Company165 West Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL USA 60601
- Publication Date: 1975-9-26
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Boring; Bridge piers; Construction; Excavation and tunneling; Foundations; General surface features of the earth; Geological events; Geological surveying; Mining; Rock mechanics; Routes; Subsoil; Subways; Surveys; Tunneling; Underground structures
- Non-Preferred Terms: Soil surveying; Subsurface investigations
- Identifier Terms: Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
- Geographic Terms: Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Geologic sections; Geological conditions; Subsurface explorations; Subway construction; Subway railways
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Geotechnology; Highways; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00093736
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MRWJ-75-140
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 4 1981 12:00AM