NATIONAL TRAFFIC AND MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY ACT OF 1966. LEGISLATIVE HISTORY. VOLUME III
This Volume of the legislative history contains the histories fo the 3 amendments to the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 1966: (1) the 1968 Amendment (Public Law 90-283); (2) the 1970 Amendment (Public Law 91-265); and (3) the "National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act Amendments of 1972" (Public Law 92-548). The legislative documents relating to the enactment of these amendments are contained in this volume, together with section-by-section analyses for the 1970 Amendment and the Amendments of 1972. The section-by-section analyses of the 1970 Amendment and the Amendments of 1972 contain relevant excerpts from the legislative documents which have some bearing on the meaning or intent of each section. The legislative events leading to the enactment of the 1969 Amendment are briefly summarized.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1985
- Pagination: 485 p.
- TRT Terms: Federal government; Highway safety; Laws; Traffic safety; Vehicle safety
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Vehicular safety
- Subject Areas: Law; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00492211
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-806 817
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 31 1990 12:00AM