NATIONAL TRAFFIC AND MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY ACT OF 1966. LEGISLATIVE HISTORY. VOLUME II
Volume II of this legislative history is a section-by-section analysis of the original National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 1966. It describes, in each section of the 1966 Act, relevant excerpts from the legislative doucments which have some bearing on the meaning or intent of the section. In each section, the legislative documents are presented as follows: the Bill enacted; Conference Committe report; House passed Act; House debate; House Committee Report; Senate passed Act; Senate debate; Senate Committe Report; Executive communications; and the Bill as introduced. The legislative highlights leading to the enactment of the 1966 Act are briefly summarized.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1985
- Pagination: 343 p.
- TRT Terms: Federal government; Highway safety; Laws; Traffic safety; Vehicle safety
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Vehicular safety
- Subject Areas: Law; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00492210
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-806 816
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 31 1990 12:00AM