CONTRIBUTION TO THE IMPROVEMENT OF THE REGULATING PROCESS OF IGNITION CONTROLLED ENGINES CONTRIBUTO AL MIGLIORAMENTO DELLA CARATTERISTICA DI REGOLAZIONE DEI MOTORI AD ACCENSIONE COMANDATA
A search for new methods of automobile fuel saving was carried out using a device to anticipate the closing of the aspiration valve. The corresponding mechanical set up is detailed and the method for determining the closure law is discussed by means of a specific fluid dynamic model: the equations are numerically solved. Special care is devoted to boundary values at cylinder level, valve level, and ducts, and to initial conditions and main engine characteristics. For velocities between 1000 and 6000 rpm the net theoretical saving is of the order of a few percent.
- Language in Italian.
Politecnico di TorinoDentro Studi Motorizzazione Agricola
- Antonelli, E
- Colasurdo, G
- Publication Date: 1974-7
- Pagination: 50 p.
- TRT Terms: Boundary value problems; Energy; Energy consumption; Fluid dynamics; Forecasting; Fuel consumption; Fuel injection; Graphs; Ignition; Internal combustion engines; Numerical analysis; Performance; Pistons (Engines); Vehicle power plants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Performance prediction
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile engines; Butterfly valves; Fuel flow regulators; Graphs charts
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00093727
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PUBL-165
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 4 1976 12:00AM