CONSTRUCTION AND CALCULATION USING FINITE ELEMENTS KONSTRUKTION UND BERECHNUNG MIT FINITEN ELEMENTEN
DONSTRUKTIAN UND BERECHUNG MIT FINITEN ELEMENTEN
The finite element method was applied to computer assisted construction procedures. The advantages of this method when several partial problems need to be investigated are pointed out. The various calculations can be carried out with relatively little effort by a unified idealization. The discretization of a structure in finite elements is a method appropriate to computer implementation and especially to interactive computer graphics. The latter is illustrated for a rail vehicle wheel structure.
- Subm-Sponsored by Bundesmin. Fuer Forsch. Und Technol. Language in German.
Stuttgart University, West GermanyKeplerstrasse 7
D-7000 Stuttgart, Germany
- Argyris, J H
- Grieger, I
- Publication Date: 1973
- Pagination: 49 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer aided design; Computer graphics; Computer programming; Construction management; Finite element method; Information display systems; Railroad transportation; Wheels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Interactive graphics
- Old TRIS Terms: Disks shapes; Display devices; Finite elements; Perforated plates
- Subject Areas: Construction; Highways; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00093726
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ISD-148
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 4 1976 12:00AM