NOISE AND SPEECH INTERFERENCE: PROCEEDINGS OF MINISYMPOSIUM
Several papers are presented which deal with the psychophysical effects of interference with speech and listening activities by different forms of noise masking and filtering. Special attention was given to the annoyance such interruptions cause, particularly that due to aircraft flyover noises. Activities such as telephone listening and television watching were studied. A number of experimental investigations are described and the results are analyzed.
Langley Research CenterNational Aeronautics and Space Administration
Hampton, VA USA 23665
- Shepherd, W T
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Pagination: 230 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustics; Aircraft noise; Conferences; Environment; Noise; Noise control; Psychological aspects; Psychological tests; Radio receivers; Speech recognition; Telephone; Television; Voice communication
- Old TRIS Terms: Noise masking; Psychoacoustics; Telephony
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Environment; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00093724
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NASA-TM-X-72696
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 4 1976 12:00AM