PROBLEMS OF THE NORTH. NUMBER 16, 1972
A partial listing of topic areas includes: Basic aspects of increasing efficiency of resource allocation in the North of the U.S.S.R.; Building in the North; Cost structure and evaluation of engineering solutions in the North; Some ways of reducing the cost of developing new machinery for the North; Ways of developing local food production and exploitation of biological resources in the North; Increasing the efficiency of production in the European North of the U.S.S.R.; The economic efficiency of the oil and gas industry of the Komi A.S.S.R.; Integrated development of building materials production and the construction industry in the European North; Comparative efficiency of thermal and atomic power generation in the Northeast; Role of ferrous metallurgy in the development of th resources of the far-eastern North; Methods of economic development and construction in the Canadian North; Problems and new concepts of mid-Canada development; The oil industry of Alaska; Improving the cross-country performance of vehicles under Arctic conditions.
- Trans. of Problemy Severa (USSR) n16 p3-254 1972. See also AD-784 569.
National Research Council of Canada1200 Montreal Road
Ottawa, Ontario Canada K1A 0R6
- Publication Date: 1975-6
- Pagination: 422 p.
- TRT Terms: Building materials; Cold weather construction; Conservation; Crude oil; Economic efficiency; Economics; Food; Gasoline; Industries; Metallurgy; Natural resources; Petroleum products; Translations; Transportation; Wood
- Uncontrolled Terms: Efficiency; Resource management
- Geographic Terms: Arctic Regions; Canada; Former Soviet Union
- Old TRIS Terms: Arctic area
- Subject Areas: Construction; Economics; Environment; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00093722
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 4 1976 12:00AM