SAVANNAH NUCLEAR POWER - SUMMARY TEST REPORT, PHASES 1 AND 2
Prefueling test program on the N.S. Savannah nuclear power plant demonstrated that the performance of the reactor system and auxiliaries was in conformance with design specifications, and demonstrated the capability of the crew to operate and maintain the power plant. The equipment in the reactor and auxiliary systems was tested as individual components, complete systems, and as a whole plant during the dummy run. Basic tests for the pressure components, electrical continuity tests, calibration of system instrumentation, and functional checks on limit switches, alarm points, controls, safety devices, and interlocks were performed.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number NSS-104.
New York Shipbuilding CorporationSavannah Nuclear Technology Department
Camden, NJ USA
- Publication Date: 1961-11-3
- Pagination: 71 p.
- TRT Terms: Equipment tests; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Operations; Safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor operation; Nuclear reactor safety; Nuclear reactor testing
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026389
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: NSS-104 Sum Rpt
- Contract Numbers: MA-1675
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1973 12:00AM