REPORT ON TRAFFIC CONTROL PLAN REVIEWS
The Federal Highway Program Manual (FHPM 6-4-2-12) outlines a set of procedures to be followed which promotes adequate motorist, pedestrian and construction worker safety on all Federal-aid highway projects. One of those procedures is to review the traffic control on a minimum of eight construction projects throughout the state. Each review is to be conducted by a team of persons from various disciplines within the state transportation department. Their purpose is to assess the effectiveness of work zone traffic control and look for ways to improve on the various traffic control techniques employed throughout the state. This report was prepared to document the activities of the Iowa Department of Transportation in accordance with the above-mentioned requirements.
Iowa Department of Transportation800 Lincoln Way
Ames, IA United States 50010
- Publication Date: 1989-11
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 102 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction sites; Evaluation; Highway maintenance; Measures of effectiveness; Multidisciplinary teams; Reviews; Safety; State departments of transportation; Work zone traffic control
- Uncontrolled Terms: Effectiveness
- Geographic Terms: Iowa
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00491953
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Mar 31 1990 12:00AM