RAMP METERING STATUS IN NORTH AMERICA. FINAL REPORT
This publication provides an initial resource for those wishing to explore the feasibility of ramp metering in their areas. The report is divided into three sections. The first presents a sample of ramp metering applications in several cities and describes the benefits that have been reported. The second section addresses various factors that should be considered and some of the capabilities and limitation of ramp metering. In the third section, guidelines for the implementation of ramp metering are identified. An overview of the status of ramp metering in North America and a bibliography are also included.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1989-9
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 22 p.
- TRT Terms: Benefits; Bibliographies; Case studies; Guidelines; Implementation; Ramp metering
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Research; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00491932
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-T-90-01
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 31 2003 12:00AM