US ARMY TEST AND EVALUATION COMMAND DEVELOPMENT TEST II (EP) - COMMON TEST OPERATIONS PROCEDURES TOWING RESISTANCE
This report describes procedures for determining vehicle power losses attributable to the suspension system and vehicle braking effect available for descending grades and discusses vehicle preparation, instrumentation, data reduction, and data presentation. It is applicable to wheeled and tracked vehicles.
Aberdeen Proving GroundsArmy Coating and Chemical Laboratory
Aberdeen, MD United States
- Publication Date: 1974-11-13
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Braking; Data reduction; Dynamometers; Electric power transmission; Ground vehicles; Instrumentation; Loads; Methodology; Strain (Mechanics); Suspension system components; Suspension systems; Test procedures; Testing; Towing devices; Tracked vehicles; Vehicle dynamics; Weight; Wheels
- Old TRIS Terms: Power systems; Resistance
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00093721
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 4 1976 12:00AM