MICROPES RELEASE 1.01 - A USER'S MANUAL. INTERIM REPORT
This report describes a microcomputer system for analyzing the information collected by state forces in their annual network-level Pavement Evaluation System (PES). Included in the MICRO-PES are the following three subsystems: a) A one-year Maintenance and Rehabilitaition (M&R) estimation system, which contains a series of decision trees developed by experienced engineers from the Maintenance and Pavement Design Divisions. The trees relate pavement distress to the appropriate M&R strategy and have been developed for Flexible, Jointed and Continuously Reinforced Concrete Pavements; b) The RAMS-District Optimization Program which selects an optimum combination of projects within a fixed budget level. Optimization uses 0-1 Integer Programming techniques and uses maintenance effectiveness as an Objective Function; and c) A routine Maintenance Estimate system which permits estimates of type, amount and cost of routine maintenance requirements for any highway or network of highways. The software package requires an IBM-XT on AT or compatible microcomputer with at least a 1.2 MB floppy disc drive, a 10 MB hard disk, 640 KB or RAM, an EGA graphics adaptor, and a dot matrix printer.
- Research study title: District Level Pavement Management System.
Arlington, TX United States 76011
Texas State Department of Highways & Public TranspSafety and Maintenance Operations Division, P.O. Box 5051
Austin, TX United States 78763
- Scullion, T
- Paredes, M
- Fowler, J
- Fernando, E
- Publication Date: 1989-6
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 94 p.
- TRT Terms: Driver rehabilitation; Estimating; Maintenance management; Maintenance practices; Manuals; Microcomputers; Optimization; Pavement management systems; Planning; Software
- Uncontrolled Terms: Hardware; Maintenance costs; Rehabilitation
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Pavements; Planning and Forecasting; I22: Design of Pavements, Railways and Guideways; I23: Properties of Road Surfaces; I61: Equipment and Maintenance Methods;
- Accession Number: 00491914
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TX-90/930-1, Res Rept 930-1, TTI: 2-18-87-930-1
- Contract Numbers: Study 2-38-87-0930
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Mar 31 1990 12:00AM