YOUR DRIVING COSTS: 1986 EDITION
This brochure presents driving costs of cars equipped with standard and optional accessories, automatic transmission, power steering, power disc brakes, AM/FM stereo, cruise control and rear-window defogger. Gasoline costs were based on a .971-per-gallon charge for regular unleaded fuel. The study based insurance figures on personal use of vehicles--the cars were driven less than 10 miles to or from work--with no youthful drivers. Depreciation costs were based on the car's trade-in value at the end of four years or at 60,000 miles. For cars driven 10,000 miles per year, depreciation costs were based on six years or 60,000 miles. Driving costs fall into two categories: operating costs and ownership costs. The cars examined were the 1986 Chevrolet Chevette (4-cyl., 98 CID, 4-door hatchback), the 1986 Chevrolet Celebrity (6-cyl., 173 CID, 4-door sedan), and the 1986 Chevrolet Caprice (6-cyl., 262 CID, 4-door sedan).
American Automobile Association8111 Gatehouse Road
Falls Church, VA United States 22047
- Publication Date: 1986
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Brochures; Costs; Operating costs; Ownership
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00491832
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-040 111
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 31 1990 12:00AM