GUIDELINES FOR THE PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT OF CORONARY CARE IN WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA
Qualitative and quantitative guidelines for development of a stratified system of coronary care are presented, following a brief background discussion and definitions of relevant terms. There are three levels of capability within such a system: emergency life support units (include emergency transportation in mobile coronary care units or all-purpose ambulances and stationary emergency life support units) ; coronary care units (provide definitive in-hospital care of patients with myocardial infarctions) ; and a regional reference center (provides comprehensive cardiovascular care, training programs in coronary care, facilities for specialized diagnostic and therapeutic studies, and programs in cardiovascular surgery) . Facility, equipment, staffing, and location considerations are discussed for each level of capability. A formula for approximating the number of coronary care beds needed in a health service area is suggested. A bibliography is included.
- This document is part of the Guideline Series issued by the Comprehensive Health Planning Association of Western Pennsylvania, Inc.
Comprehensive Health Planning Association of Western Pennsylvania,IncRegional Plan Development Committee
Pittsburgh, PA United States 15222
- Publication Date: 1973-9
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Ambulances; Design; Drivers; Emergencies; Emergency medical services; Forecasting; Health care; Health care facilities; Health care services; Human characteristics; Medical equipment; Medical personnel; Medical services; Methodology; Patients; Planning; Public health; Regional planning; Regions; States; Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Driver characteristics; Revisions
- Geographic Terms: Pennsylvania
- Old TRIS Terms: Acute care; Coronary care units; Health care technology; Health occupations; Inpatients; State planning; State regions
- Subject Areas: Design; Planning and Forecasting; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00093693
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 4 1976 12:00AM