THE FEASIBILITY OF COAL MINE COOPERATIVES: A PRELIMINARY REPORT AND ANALYSIS
The report is a preliminary analysis on the feasibility of marketing/transportation cooperatives composed of small producing coal mines; that is, mines producing between 100,000 - 500,000 tons of coal per year. The report is composed of 9 sections: Sections I, II, III cover Project Parameters, Summary and Review and Legal Aspects of Coal Cooperatives Footnotes to Section III. Section IV, Potential Cooperative Identification defines small producing coal mines as primarily located in Alabama, Kentucky, Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia. Section V, Coal Quality Control, discusses the different coal seams mined by small mines in these areas. Section VI, Coal Preparation, is an analysis of the type of machinery used in mining coal: in screening and picking, crushing, washing, drying dust removal, blending, and size and complexity of plants. Section VII, Transportation, discusses train, truck, belt conveyor and pneumatic pipelines as a means of transport from the mine to the railhead or preparation plant. Section VIII, Transportation: Unit Trains, discusses loading facilities for unit trains. Section IX discusses facilities.
- Also pub. as Federal Energy Administration, Washington, D.C. Office of Coal, FEA/G-75/581.
University of Illinois, Urbana-ChampaignCenter for Advanced Computation
Urbana, IL United States 61801
Federal Energy AdministrationOffice of Coal
Washington, DC United States 20461
- Rieber, M
- Soo, S L
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Pagination: 122 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo handling; Cargo handling; Coal; Coal industry; Coal mining; Coal processing; Commodities; Cooperation; Coordination; Excavating equipment; Feasibility analysis; Freight traffic; Logistics; Management; Marketing; Mining; Physical distribution; Transportation; Unit trains
- Old TRIS Terms: Bulk handling; Coal preparation; Commodity management; Mining equipment
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00093687
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 4 1976 12:00AM