TECHNICAL PRESS INFORMATION N.S. SAVANNAH
This technical information packet contains descriptive material and illustration which may be used at any time in the preparation of material for public use concerning the N.S. Savannah. The packet consists of: 1) a fact sheet on the N.S. Savannah; 2) background information on the Savannah project; 3) description of the hull and outfitting and the propulsion plant; 4) safety considerations; 5) tests and operational plans; 6) personnel training; and 7) Savannah equipment procurement and names of major vendors. Appended material covers the containment vessel design and construction, and the mock-up of the nuclear power plant.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number N-4-T.
New York Shipbuilding CorporationYorktown, VA United States
- Publication Date: 1961
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 146 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Ships; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026386
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1973 12:00AM